Good Neighbors Personal Essentials Pantry
Memorial UCC was one of the founding congregations for the Good Neighbors Personal Essentials Pantry in October 2012.
GNPEP has been sustained through the years of operation by many grants, as well as donations & product drives. Memorial has contributed through its Endowment Fund, its Giving Locally fund, financial donations from individuals and product donations from many members of the congregation.
GNPEP has had over 50 volunteers that have helped over the past 4 years. Volunteer shifts are for two hours. And while the pantry is open on Fridays until 1 pm, volunteers are welcome to leave after 12 pm. Most guests come by 11:30 am, so this is a slow time anyway. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Nancy Baumgardner, a co-coordinator of GNPEP.
The pantry has reached out to people from 28 zip codes of many different faiths and cultures. It truly is a place of safety and grace as can be seen through the smiles on the guests & volunteers.
Here are some statistics as of the end of April 2015:
Number of families served:
• In 2013 we served a total of 1237 families. We had a total of 59 pantry days, so that means we served an average of 21 families per pantry day
• In 2014 we served 1900 families over 59 pantry days for an average of 32 families per pantry day. This is an 53.6% increase over last year
• In 2015, first quarter, average remains at 32 families per pantry day.
Number of children 3 or under:
• In 2013 we served 620 small children from 530 families.
• In 2014 we served 903 small children from 777 families. This is roughly 45% increase over last year (varies depending on whether counting # of children vs # of families)
• In 2015, in the first quarter, we have served 370 children from 309 families.
Zip code by point of registration last 18 months:
(from 10/2013 to 4/2015) This is new registrations through our pantry as opposed to other pantries in the network
• We mostly serve the zip codes of 53713 (163 families), 53711 (109 families), 53719 (22 families), 53714 (19 families), & 53575 (15 families).
• We serve people from 28 different zip codes including: 53508, 53521, 53527, 53528, 53529, 53536, 53558, 53559, 53560, 53562, 53589, 53590, 53593, 53597, 53703, 53705, 53714, 53715, 53716, 53717, 53718, 53726, & 53916.
• In 2013 we distributed 20,113 products.
• In 2014 we distributed 25,706 products. This is a 27.8% increase over previous year.